Friday, November 6, 2009

I get really nervous what can doctors do for me? I have .25mg Xanax but...?

I went to the doctors about a few problems i've been having with nervousness sweating and a sinus infection, i was prescribed a few thing including Xanax .25mg i don't get to talk to my doctor for another 2 weeks, my question is, is the Xanax supposed to help me deal with nervousness or sweating because i have been taking it as directed for a week and haven't noticed any change, im still getting nervous and sweating
I get really nervous what can doctors do for me? I have .25mg Xanax but...?
It's suppose to help you with your nervousness. I believe it takes a bit to get into your system so give it time. If it doesn't get any better by the time you see your doctor again ask about increasing your dosage.
I get really nervous what can doctors do for me? I have .25mg Xanax but...?
It takes some medications a while to start seeing benefits. If you did not get your medication from a psychiatrist-go see one! Sorry Primary Care Physicians out there, but a PCP trying to "help" my daughter did not give her the right medication while in college %26amp; she ended up being admitted to the hospital for serious emotional issues. The admitting psychiatrist kept asking, "Exactly who was it that prescriped this medication for you" Once on the right medication %26amp; therapy she now has her masters degree. P.S. Xanax treats your anxiety. Good luck.
Reply:Xanax is a powerful tranquilizer that belongs to a family of drugs called benzodiazepines: valium, librium, etc.





They should act very quickly but they can become very addictive if you take them too long.





My doctor put me on what is called an SSRI (selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor) and it works very well at controlling my nervousness. I had taken a benzo beforehand; Xanax was one of the ones I took.





You might want to see your doctor again or find another doctor.


No comments:

Post a Comment