Friday, November 6, 2009

Why am I getting Night Sweats?

This started about a month ago, but the last week has been much worse. I've been getting night sweats to the point where it is keeping me up at night, and I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping.





I am a 23 year old female and I take birth control faithfully so it shouldn't be that I'm pregnant. Has anyone else ever had this happen, what are some causes of night sweats?
Why am I getting Night Sweats?
I am 25 and have been getting night sweats for a few years. It is so frustrating since I wake up with my clothes and blankets completely soaked. Mine are brought on by stress and hormones. The links below have some more info on causes but I wouldn't worry about it. It happens to most people some point in their life.
Why am I getting Night Sweats?
You too? I'm 36 and have been having them for the last month or so. I know it's not menapause because you start that about the same time as your mom did. She's in her early 50's and just started it.


Anyway, I sleep with the window wide open and I still get really sweaty. It's aweful! I don't know what to do either. I'm thinking maybe I need to get myself a really thin blanket. I hear silk keeps you cool and warm.


I'm putting this in my watch list. I'm interested to find out about this too!
Reply:Night sweats refer to any excess sweating occurring during the night. However, if your bedroom is unusually hot or you are using too many bedclothes, you may begin to sweat during sleep--and this is normal.





In order to distinguish night sweats that arise from medical causes from those that occur because one鈥檚 surroundings are too warm, doctors generally refer to true night sweats as severe hot flashes occurring at night that can drench sleepwear and sheets, which are not related to an overheated environment.





There are many different causes of night sweats. To determine what is causing night sweats in a particular individual, a doctor must obtain a detailed medical history and order tests to decide if an underlying medical condition is responsible for the night sweats.


No comments:

Post a Comment