Sunday, March 14, 2010

Why do I sweat more AFTER high-intensity cardio than during?

Whether Im on an eliptical or the treadmill or the bike, I do sweat a little during the cardio, but man, when I step off.....it pours off of me! Whats up with that??
Why do I sweat more AFTER high-intensity cardio than during?
Because during a HIIT cardio routine the whole point is to maximize intensity and minimize duration. When you do this your body doesn't have enough time to respond to the rapid increase in heart rate. However, the reason HIIT is so good at burning calories is because after you are done, your heart rate is elevated longer AFTER working out as opposed to a steady lower intesity cadrio routine. The reason you sweat more means your heart rate is still up which means it's working!


No comments:

Post a Comment